The Accounting Concentration aims at providing an education that has a proper balance of breadth and depth in the accounting discipline, with a view to producing accountants of an analytical and conceptual mind. Graduates will develop their careers in professional accounting firms as well as in commercial and industrial sectors.
Specific objectives are:
- To provide students with an in-depth training in the accounting discipline so as to give them adequate preparation for their careers in the field of accounting;
- To provide students with a multi-disciplinary knowledge and analytical ability which make them aware of the complexity of the business environment;
- To develop students’ information processing skills and communication skills; and
- To give students a sound liberal education which will render a sufficiently broad perspective to meet future challenges brought about by the ever changing environment.
|Concentration Required Courses||21 units|
|ACCT2005 Intermediate Accounting I||3 units|
|ACCT2006 Intermediate Accounting II||3 units|
|ACCT3005 Cost and Management Accounting I||3 units|
|ACCT3006 Hong Kong Taxation||3 units|
|ACCT4005 Advanced Accounting I||3 units|
|ACCT4006 Auditing I||3 units|
|LLAW3005 Company Law||3 units|
Additional requirements for the HKICPA/ACCA recognition/exemption:
(2) ACCT3007 Cost and Management Accounting II is required for HKICPA/ACCA recognition/exemption. Students need to take this course using the units for free elective courses.