BUSI3035 Service Learning and Community Engagement (3 units)
- Year 3 standing for BBA students; BUSI1005 for non-BBA students
This course provides students with an opportunity for active learning and enables them to build a sense of social responsibility and commitment that are essential when they apply their business and professional skills to their careers. This is a community-based instruction course intended to promote student’s civic responsibility and to strengthen their problem-solving and decision-making skills by acquiring hands-on experience in community projects provided by NGOs and not-for-profit organizations in Hong Kong, mainland China and other countries. It is a reciprocally beneficial course, with meaningful service being provided to the community and meaningful learning experiences being provided to the student.
Each student can take at most TWO of the following TEN (1-10) internship (or concurrent internship) and service learning courses in his/her entire study, subject to a maximum of 9 units for all the internship courses taken:
(2) BUSI3016 Business Internship
(4) ECON3066 Business Economics Internship
(5) FINE3026 Finance Internship
(6) HRMN3026 Human Resources Management Internship
(7) ISEM3026 ISEM Internship
(8) MKTG3016 Marketing Internship
(9) BUSI3035 Service Learning and Community Engagement
(10) ECON3075 Service-Learning in Sustainable Development
No result found.