Teaching Mathematics at Junior Levels (P1 to S3) Concentration
This concentration is intended for mathematics teachers and cognate professionals. It caters for the changing needs of the professional community by providing advanced studies of subject knowledge in mathematics. It also advances teachers’ critical awareness and understanding of the major contemporary curriculum issues as well as historical and socio-cultural influences on curriculum development.
- To strengthen knowledge of and skills in mathematics teaching;
- To enhance analytical and critical understanding of mathematics curriculum issues from different perspectives;
- To develop a reflective approach to mathematics teaching;
- To facilitate initiatives and promote curriculum leadership in mathematics education; and
- To develop awareness and appreciation of the importance of theories, and foster competence in research in mathematics education.
|Concentration Required Courses||12 units|
|EDUM7270 Mathematics Curriculum Development at Junior Levels||3 units|
|EDUM7280 Theory, Research and Pedagogical Issues of Number and Algebra||3 units|
|EDUM7290 Theory, Research and Pedagogical Issues of Shape and Space||3 units|
|EDUM7300 Theory, Research and Pedagogical Issues of Data Handling||3 units|