Subject Knowledge for Teaching Mathematics at Junior Levels (P1 to S3) Concentration
This concentration is intended for primary and secondary school teachers and cognate professionals. It caters for the changing needs of the professional community by providing advanced studies of subject knowledge in Mathematics. It also advances teachers' critical awareness and understanding of the major contemporary curriculum issues as well as historical and socio-cultural influences on curriculum development.
- To develop mathematics subject knowledge;
- To strengthen knowledge of and skills in mathematics teaching;
- To enhance analytical and critical understanding of mathematics curriculum issues from different perspectives;
- To develop a reflective approach to mathematics teaching;
- To facilitate initiatives and promote curriculum leadership in mathematics education; and
- To develop awareness and appreciation of the importance of theories, and foster competence in research in mathematics education.
|Concentration Required Courses||12 units|
|EDUC7440 Understanding Number Theory||3 units|
|EDUC7460 Geometries in Perspectives||3 units|
|EDUC7470 Statistics and Society||3 units|
|EDUM7270 Mathematics Curriculum Development at Junior Levels||3 units|